Babangida: I’m not evil

I’m not evil – Babangida

Former Military President, retired General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has said contrary to speculations by Nigerians connoting him as an evil person (evil genius), he is from an excellent background.
Babangida said this in an interview he granted newsmen in his residence in Minna, Niger State to mark his 75th birthday.
He said: “I am not an evil person that quiet a number of people think that I am.
“I believe I have a very excellent background.”
Babangida explained that by the virtue of training as a military officer, it was mandatory for him to love people.
He said: “My feeling is, I can understand that by the virtue of the job I was doing, I am bound to be misconstrued and people will take it that way.
“But I consider it as their opinion.
“Sinc, I am not what you thought I am, I feel satisfied.”
On the alleged N12 billion oil wind fall, which he was accused of having taken away as the military president in 1992, Babangida humorously stated: “If, I have so much money, I will not live in this country.”
On reading about his purported death in some section of the media, the elder statesman replied: “It is not new in this country.
“They did it to former President Shehu Shagari, to former President Nnamdi Azikiwe and other elder statesmen.
“As a Muslim, whether you like it or not, you will die with time and I cannot exceed a certain time.”

Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post